Thursday, February 12, 2009

Support Vulvodynia Research

Last night I bought a CD that anyone suffering from vulvar pain should know about: Vulvodynia: Guided Meditation to support women with Vulvodynia. It's similar to other relaxation CDs, in that it brings awareness to your body and has you relax through voice-guided meditation and soothing music. But it's very different in that it is specifically designed for women who suffer from vulvodynia. And what's especially cool about this is that Carmen Pepicelli, in producing the CD, talked to gynecologists, psychologists, physical therapists, acupuncturists, and the women themselves who have vulvar pain. So it really feels authentic.

Right now, I'm having a hard time getting past my emotional response to the audio -- when you're asked to imagine the friends and family who support you, who look at you with "understanding eyes," I can't help but cry. My boyfriend, especially, has been really supportive and sympathetic and I'm lucky to have friends who cry with me those times when I let myself stop trying to be so positive and just let myself feel sad.

All of the money raised through sales of the CD goes toward vulvodynia research, so if you know of anyone who could benefit from it, please help spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment