Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Finding support online.

I was thinking last night how lucky I am to live during a time where I can find support and resources online. And -- with the help of one list serv or website -- know that there are others like me who are struggling and searching, but finding ways to be happy even in the midst of all this sadness.

In the last couple of weeks, I joined a vulvodynia support group online and have found it extremely valuable (if you search on Yahoo Groups, you can find it and apply for admission) . I belonged to a vaginismus online support group before (and still am), but I also needed some support for just dealing with this chronic pain that prevents me from even thinking about dilating. I've posted a couple of times and within days (sometimes hours), I get responses back from other women who know what it's like, who offer up their support and advice. So I'm thankful for that.

I also joined the National Vulvodynia Association and will hopefully be volunteering for them at some point. I'm the type where if I'm DOING something, anything, it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment